Monday, June 1, 2015

Mojo Monday 400 Contest and Designer Search

It's Julee here, welcoming you to a brand new month and a brand new Mojo Monday sketch! The first Monday of the month is always contest week and this week we have a little something extra in honor of our 400th sketch challenge!

I started Mojo Monday on my personal blog in September 2007, just after I started Verve.  It's been such a blessing in my life, and I've loved seeing how everyone breathes life into these sketches in such beautiful and intriguing ways week after week.  It's been an incredible journey, and I've grown so much, pushing myself to come up with new layouts, personally designing 316 of the 405 sketches we've brought to you over the past almost 8 years. Thanks so much for following along, commenting, posting your creations and blessing me and the blogging world in so many ways.  You are all rock stars!


For this week's challenge, I thought we'd go back to the sketch that started it all... the very first sketch I ever posted, about 6 months prior to starting Mojo Monday. I was so nervous and pretty sure that no one would play along, but I kept putting myself out there. Just a little bit at a time.  And this challenge flourished in ways I never dreamed possible.  I hope you've found that with Mojo Monday... a safe place to challenge yourself and keep practicing and to put your little bit of art out into the world.  




In keeping with the good old days, in addition to our usual first week of the month prizes, I'm making this sketch a contest!  And I'm offering a spot on the Mojo Monday design team for two participants in this week's sketch challenge!  So if you've been watching these lovely and talented ladies working their magic week after week and been dreaming you could join the team, this is your chance! 

How to apply:

1. Play along with the Mojo 400 sketch and link up before 8pm Mountain on 6/7/15
2. Comment on this post saying you're interested in being considered for the DT
3. Add this little "I want to be a Mojo Monday designer" graphic to your blog post


I'll select my two top entries and announce them with our regular winners on June 10!



As usual, we have Verve Stamps sponsored prizes...we'll add
 one winner for every 50 entries! Winners will receive the Verve Stamps set of their choice.  Prize winners are chosen at random from each group of 50 sequential entries.  So you can play as often as you like, so link up early and link up often to increase your chances.

How to play

1. Upload a creation inspired by this week's sketch to your public online blog or gallery.
2. Leave a direct link to your project in the linky widget at the bottom of this post.

If you upload to online galleries or social media please also use keyword MOJO400 or #mojo400 Our challenge is open to everyone. Verve stamps are NOT required to participate. As always, if you don't have a particular shape, feel free to substitute.

Deadline: The linky entry widget will close at 8PM MT {Click here for time conversion} on Sunday, June 7; so all entries need to be in before then to be eligible for our prize drawing. Winners will be announced on Wednesday June 10.


For inspiration using this week's sketch, please visit our design team's blogs, which are the first 6 thumbnails on this week's linky list:



As a special thank you for all your support over the years, I'm offering a 20% discount to Verve this week. Just add offer code 400mojo to the gift code box at checkout and click apply.  Offer valid on in-stock merchandise, while supplies last through June 7, 2015. 


Thanks for everything!  I can't wait to see what you create!