Monday, May 3, 2010

Mojo Monday 137 - CONTEST

Happy May, Mojo Fans! It's the first Monday of the month, so that means it's CONTEST time! {For those of you new to Mojo, we just play for fun most weeks, but the first sketch of every month is our Mojo Madness contest with prizes for our top picks.} So dust off your mojo and get ready to stamp! After my month-long break from creating sketches, I'm back this week with a fun sketch that can be clean and simple or something more! You decide! We're also trying out a new post format and a linking widget this week with picture thumnails, so let me know what you think.  Hopefully it'll make things easier, prettier and there won't be quite so much scrolling to get to the linky form!

The Prizes: We'll have one winner for every 75 entries, up to a max of SEVEN winners!!! Winners will receive the Verve Stamps set of their choice.

How to play: Just upload a project using this week's sketch to your online blog or gallery. Then leave a link to your project in the linky widget at the bottom of this post.  If you upload to online galleries, please also use tag/keyword MOJO138. Our challenge is open to everyone, Verve stamps are NOT required to participate, and you can enter as many times as you want.  As always, have fun - if you don't have a particular shape, feel free to substittute and work with the supplies you have on hand.

Deadline: The linky entry widget will close at 8PM MT on Sunday, May 9, so all entries need to be in before then. Winners will be announced on Wednesday, May 12.

For my sample card I went clean & simple with lots of white space and a beachy masculine feel.  A fun card that works for girls and boys alike!  The surfboards are from Verve's Relax set and the birthday greetings sentiment is from Big Wish. For more details, hop on over to my blog, Poetic Artistry.  Can't wait to see what y'all create this week!
-Julee Tilman

And to get your mojo wheels a turnin', here's what the design team whipped up with this week's sketch:

Janette's SampleMaria's SampleMary's Sample
Janette Olen
Stampin with Style
Maria Gurnsey
Scraps by M
Mary Fish
Stampin' Pretty
Sarah's SampleTeresa's SampleWendy's Sample
Sarah Bigelow
Sarah's Creations
Teresa Kline
Enjoy the VA Sunshine
Wendy Bond
Bond Girl Bliss

Have fun and good luck!

{Click the link at the bottom of this post for the entry form.  Please type your name or screen name in the Caption or Title field, then choose the link and photo you'd like to enter.  Please link directly to your specific blog post with your card in it, and not your general blog url.}

Note: If you're having problems linking to SCS, try entering the link to your card, then choosing From File instead of From Web. Then justbrowse to where your picture is saved on your computer to get your thumbnail.


55 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

I love the samples, the new widget was easy to use!! Thanks for another awesome sketch!!

Beccy said...

Thanks for yet another great sketch. I love the new linky... it's terrific having the thumbnails on the page.

Maria Gurnsey said...

Julee, I love the new layout and the link for those playing along!

Nicky Hsu said...

I love the new pic thumnail linky.
Thank you for all the great sketches. Good work!!

Елена_П said...

How wonderful that you can now see the work of all artists!

Dawn Easton said...

Thanks for the great sketch and I'm happy I could play along. I can't link to SCS right now there seems to be issues again..ugh. I will load it on my blog tomorrow and link back then. Thanks Julee!

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [03 May 03:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

SCRAPCRAZY said...

I had a great time working on the sketch but, now I can't add my link. I don't have a program to edit size of photos. I would really like to be entered.

Hugs, Gina marie

Nicole said...

Another great sketch and DT creations! Loved playing along! :)

NoukJ Cards said...

nice to see the samples! :)
had some trouble with my creativity for this sketch, but i do like the sketch.

Shantaie said...

I just love this sketch, it truly made designing my card a breeze!!!

Thanks for the chance to win some fab verve stamps....Im dying to get my hands {and ink} on some!!

Joanne Travis said...

I LOVE this new format where you show all of the cards that were uploaded for the challenge! that is really awesome, thank you.

Gisèle said...

What a fantastic sketch. I could create a ton of cards with this sketch. The DT's cards were fantastically inspiring. Thanks!

Sandra Jayne Wingate said...

Another fantastic sketch and a way cool new linky thingy!!

Charmaine Stack said...

I enjoyed today's sketch. Seemed much easier than last week's for sure.

Catherine said...

Love this sketch - totally saved me when I was drawing a blank. Thanks!

Kristine said...

Love the samples and the sketch. Being able to see the thumbnail sketches is so cool. Thanks for the inspiration.

kANNAdyjka said...

You are amazing with these great sketches! I'm on my way to my craft studio! Thanks!

kANNAdyjka said...

You are amazing with these great sketches! I'm on my way to my craft studio! Thanks!

Mary Jo said...

Thank You for another great sketch. It makes creating so much nicer.

Tina said...

Love the sketch and samples. I messed up my first link, but I now have it fixed. Sorry for the double post.

TannyP said...

I love that new linky - getting to see everyone's projects is so much fun. Thanks for another sketch that was truly fabulous to try =)

Melissa Bove (SCS ~ Melissa1872) said...

Love, love, love this sketch!! I had fun with it!!

Awesome DT cards too!!

Thanh Vo said...

The inspiration from the design team is fabulous. Thanks for another great sketch.

Jana Weaver said...

Fabulous sketch...so happy I was able to play along!

Keva said...

I love love love this sketch!!

Loretta said...

This was a great sketch. I got the wrong link on my first entry, but I can't delete it... I'm SO SORRY!!!! My second entry is the correct one.

Nancy Ball said...

Thank you for another great sketch. I also love the new linky widget and the fact that there are thumbnails of each card.

joy said...

This is my first time playing in your challenge - great sketch!! I hope to come back as often as possible. Will have to check out the other cards now!

Charmaine Stack said...

I just noticed ou have a typo in your instructions. You say in How to play: "please also use tag/keyword MOJO138" But this is actually 137. Perhaps you could fix that?

Radha said...

Dearest Julee! Thank u Thank u so so much for all your sketches!


I simply LOVE LOVE verve/// and MOJO!!!!
U should know that by now:))

Shauna said...

Thanks for the challenge. I love the sketches. Gives me great ideas. Love all the cards!!

Poppit said...

Great challenge once again. Loving the thumbnails!

Karen W said...

I love the new format of being abl to se a small thumbnail of the card submitted. Thanks for a great sketch

Chelsea said...

The new widget won't let me add my stuff, I'll keep trying but it keeps telling me there is an error. My card can be found here: http://scraptasticvoyage.blogspot.com/2010/05/sassy-birthday-2.html

STASIA SLOMA said...

I am having the same problem this morning. I am unable to link my card. Here is a link to my card:
http://stampzone.blogspot.com/2010/05/mojo-monday-137.html

LeAnne said...

Ditto on the upload problem. Here's mine:
http://weeinklings.blogspot.com/2010/05/cowgirl-up.html
GREAT sketch!

maryr917 said...

this was a fun sketch to play with-the dt samples are always so fab-I like being able to see all the cards entered as well

LeAnne said...

Oh drat, I put mine in after you guys fixed Mr Linky.....sorry! You can delete one!
LeAnne

Susan said...

My card is also for the Simon says challenge. Your "linky thing" would not allow for the entire picture to show.
:( But I liked this sketch very much :)
Susan

Marnie - Queen of the Marniverse said...

Wow, this is a great layout. Challenging and inspiring at the same time.

Sasya said...

Ohh, so many beautiful works!! thank you for inspiring~!

hugs
Sasya

Sandybeaches said...

Fantastic Sketch!!! Fantastic thumbnail linky!?! WOW look how many of us have found our Mojo so far this week...love it:)

the whimsical butterfly said...

Just added mine- LOVED the challenge this week! Forced me to think outside my 'norm' which was really good for me!

Tanya said...

Fun sketch! Love the new thumbnail linky, so cool! :)

Karen Giron said...

This sketch was SO much fun!! Thanks Julee!

Captain Crop said...

What a fun contest and a great sketch, thank you! I have to apologize because I made a couple errors in uploading my link, so I actually posted it three times. I'm a first-timer--sorry!!! They are all named MOJO137 and the first one has a completely black thumbnail. The first two were done incorrectly.

Kim said...

I had uploading issues too, so mine's on there twice. SORRY! :(

Kim

Piali said...

Love the new setup and the New linky system. Its great to see little glimpse of everyone's creation.
Thanks for another awesome sketch...really love this one.

Katrina said...

I have made my card but trying to get my picture to fit inside the tiny cursor doesn't seem to work for me. Why is the cursor a square, my card is a rectangle & I can't seem to change your crop tool to a rectangle shape.

Here's my blog entry for what it's worth.
http://www.katscraps.com/2010/05/mojo-monday-137.html

Chris said...

I loved this sketch and I'm laughing at myself cause unlike Cindy I didn't have an easy time with the widget and my pic doesn't appear but the link does work. Maybe next month I'll get it right.

Michelle VanWiggeren said...

This was great fun! Love the sketch, and the new linky is great, too!

Elaine said...

Fun sketch! I like the linking widget; it's nice to see the photos!

carol h said...

Love the new thumbnails. So much easier to see all the gifted work from all the bloggers. Thank you all for sharing your talent.

Olive said...

I try to enter my card several times but failure. It always show me " Enter a valid internet address to link to such as your blog address ". I don't know how to solve this problem. Please help
and thanks!